I consume bodybuilding supplements but not every one of them. Whenever I buy one, I always look at the label and what ingredients it uses.
In this article, I want to talk about the 5 popular ingredients that are commonly found in bodybuilding supplements.
Most people buy Protein powders to supplement their daily protein intake. In fact, I think 80% of the bodybuilders only buy protein supplements.
I too, buy one two supplements: one being protein powder and the other one is creatine to help me with my muscle growth.
If you’re buying protein supplements, here are some of the most commonly found ingredients in them:
- Protein Isolates. This is probably the most common ingredient found in protein supplements. Protein isolates are protein concentrates and that they can be readily absorbed by the body. You see, normal protein takes hours to digest and be absorbed by the body. Protein isolates work rapidly and can be absorbed within an hour or two. That is why I always take protein powders immediately after working out so that I can get the most benefit.
- Casein. Casein is a form of protein that takes hours before it can be absorbed by the body. This type of protein is also common in protein supplements. What do you want Casein if you can have fast-acting protein isolates, you ask? Well, Casein is required to help optimum muscle growth. In fact, if you do not consume casein protein, your muscle growth will take a toll and it will take longer for you to build them when not taking Casein.
- Creatine. About 60% of protein powders nowadays contain Creatine. As I’ve mentioned earlier, Creatine is commonly used to aid in muscle growth. Furthermore, it gives you enhanced strength by converting dormant ADP into energy-releasing ATP, thus, giving you the power you need to plow through your sets.
- B-Complex. B-Vitamins are also common in bodybuilding supplements. B-vitamins not only help give you energy but they also make sure that your nervous system is in top shape. On top of that, B-Complex also does wonders for weight loss as well. So, if you’re cutting or you want to lose weight and gain muscle, aim to get supplements that contain B Vitamins.
- Proprietary Blends. Now, almost every supplement manufacturer out there has their own secret blends. These are commonly known as “proprietary” blends and that they are different in each supplement. For example, one brand might include higher doses of Creatine. Another brand might include fat-burning agents such as L-carnitine, L-theanine, and so much more. If you’re looking for bodybuilding supplements, look at their proprietary blends. They might entice you but make sure they are safe to take.
It is easy to be swayed to buy bodybuilding supplements that promise you one thing. But, always make sure to do your research first.
I hope that this article has given you the necessary information you need on the most common ingredients found in most bodybuilding supplements.